Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Set List: Tuesdays with Maura 7/15/08

This week I played some things we added this week at KSCR. I also promoted the Tonalism show taking place in LA this Saturday 7/19 at the Santa Monica Pier from 7:30 pm til dawn.

The album I'm most excited about adding is Sahara Swing by Karl Hector & The Malcouns on Now and Again. 4 Bonjour Parties reminds me of Sugarplant, but with horns. KSCR's new hip hop director Duane added Presto and the Cool Kids. The Daedelus track is my new summer jam. Leila's "Norwegian Wood" is my new slow jam. I put Spiritualized and Destroyer together in the set and thought of OwleyPatrol.

I've been talking up some excellent future guests, so that's something to look forward to. Here's the set list:

Junior Boys - Like A Child (Carl Craig Remix) - Fabric 34: Ellen Allien - Fabric67 Radio
Twine - Violets - Violets - Ghostly International
4 Bonjour's Parties - Magpie Will Peck a Hole in My Plaster Cast - Pigments Drift Down to the Brook - Mush
Sigur Ros - Straumnes - Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust - XL Recordings
Leila - Mollie - Blood, Looms and Blooms - Warp
Styrofoam - Final Offer - A Thousand Words - Nettwerk
Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends - Love to Make Music To - NinjaTune
Hercules & Love Affair - Hercules' Theme - Hercules & Love Affair - Mute
A Number of Names - Sharevari (instrumental) - Disco Not Disco - Strut
Karl Hector & The Malcouns - Sahara Swing - Sahara Swing - Now Again
The Hold Steady - Constructive Summer - Stay Posative - Vagrant
¡Forward, Russia! - A Prospector Can Dream - Life Processes - Mute
The Dandy Warhols - And Then I Dreamt of Yes - Earth to the Dandy Warhols - Beat the World Records
The Shys - Spanish Village by the Sea - You'll Never Understand This Band The Way That I Do - Aeronaut Records
Alice Coltrane - I Want to See You - A Monastic Trio - Impulse!
Presto - What's What Ftr Fatlip & Kim Hill - State of the Art - Concrete Grooves
Jackson Conti - Tijuca Man - Sujinho - Mochilla
Cool Kids - What Up Man - The Bake Sale - Chocolate Industries
Kail - Wendy - True Hollywood Squares - Alpha Pup
Kudu - Playing House [Ling Ling Remix] - Back For More: A Remix Collection - Nublu
James Pants - Finger On The Knife - Welcome - Stones Throw
Spiritualized - Sweet Talk - Songs In A & E - Fontana Universal
Destroyer - Foam Hands - Trouble in Dreams - Merge
Matthew Dear - Sound & Vision - Life Beyond Mars: Bowie Covered - Rapster Records
Leila - Norwegian Wood - Blood, Looms and Blooms - Warp
Nobody presents Blank Blue - Up - Western Water Music Vol. II - Ubiquity
Sally Shapiro - Find My Ghost [Dntel Remix] - Remix Romance Vol. 2 - Paper Bag Records
Beck - Orphans - Modern Guilt - Geffen / Interscope
Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - Phaedra - Virgin Records

Go to this 'cause I can't.