Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last Week's 9/30 Set List

I wasn't able to make my show this week, but it seems like a good time to post my set list from last week. There were some exciting new releases and some recent ones I hadn't played yet. My favorite new things I would have played today are Department of Eagles, El Guincho, Echo Park locals Rainbow Arabia, Larytta, The Japanese Motors and a new Antony and the Johnsons EP. Those of us from KSCR heading to NYC for the CMJ conference later in the month are getting excited. I am also excited to host Herman Dune in studio during KSCR's weekly Live Show this Friday 10/10 at 2pm PST, so please tune in at www.kscr.org.

My event picks for the upcoming week are:

Low End Theory's 10/8 Scottish Invasion with Hudson Mohawke, Mike Slott, Rustie, and Dom Sum Wednesday at The Airliner in Lincoln Heights

The Best Music Writing Live Reading at Skylight Books in Los Feliz on 10/10 at 7:30

9/30 Set List

Land of Talk - Got a Call - Some Are Lakes - Saddle Creek
Deerhoof - The Tears and Music and Love - Offend Maggie - Kill Rock Stars
The Ettes - I Heard Tell - Look at Life Again Soon - Take Root Records
Lady Dottie and the Diamonds - I Ain't Mad at Ya - Lady Dottie and the Diamonds - Hi-Speed Soul
Yo Majesty - Get Down on the Floor - Futuristically Speaking... Never Be Afraid - Domino Records
Women - Sag Harbor Bridge - Women - Jagjaguwar
Pivot - O Soundtrack My Heart - O Soundtrack My Heart - Warp
Blank Blue - Blank Blue (Flying Lotus Remix) - Dive EP - Ubiquity
Madlib - Ratrace w Murs - WLIB AM: King Of The Wingflip - BBE
The Bug - Angry - London Zoo - Ninja Tune
Koushik - Buttaflybeat - Out My Window - Stones Throw
Roots Manuva - Kick Up Ya Foot - Slime & Reason - Big Dada
Restiform Bodies - Ameriscan - TV Loves You Back - Anticon Records
Dub Gabriel - Cheree (feat. Michael Stripe) - Anarchy and Alchemy - Massive Music
Herman Dune - An Afternoon Dance Party - Next Year In Zion - Everloving
Lambchop - A Hold of You - OH (Ohio) - Merge
Cold War Kids - Against Privacy - Loyalty to Loyalty - Downtown Records
Killer Mike - Can You Hear Me - I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind Pt. 2 - SMC
Gaby Hernandez - The Tropics - When Love - Armed Orphan
Mayra Andrade - Dimokransa - Navega - Sterns
David Mccallum - The Edge - Droppin' Science: Greatest Samples From the Blue Note Lab - Blue Note
Jay Reatard - See / Saw - Matador Singles '08 - Matador Records
Crystal Antlers - Until the Sun Dies (Part 2) - EP - Touch & Go
The Spinto Band - Later On - Moonwink - Park The Van Records

No comments: