Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Wedding Present on Tuesdays with Maura


So last Friday David Gedge and Terry de Castro from the Wedding Present came by KSCR and I recorded a little interview and they played a few songs. They've got a new album out and will be touring soon. When I was seventeen Ben Knight made me this tape that had Bizarro on one side and Poem of the River by Felt on the other side (both albums feature kick ass long instrumental sections on certain songs) and it was a staple when I used to drive around in high school and marvel about the world. Olivia shared my Wedding Present enthusiasm in those days and it was awesome to have her be part of the interview, too.

I'll be airing the interview/performance this Tuesday July 1st during my show which is broadcast live on the interweb on www.KSCR.org from 10am-12pm PST. If you can't tune in then, try this.

I'll also be playing selections from the new Dr. Dog and Silver Jews plus some stuff the folks at Social Registry sent, among other things.

No comments: